Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ramblings #2

Today the result from ITB univ. came out. And here's mine:


I didn't make it. Wasn't accepted into ITB :(


To tell you the truth, I was somewhat shocked. Not that I'm confident I will make it..in fact I was pretty convinced that I wouldn't make it........... to my 1st choice. Didn't occur to me that I still wouldn't get accepted to my 2nd choice. Oh well. It upsets me a bit tho..What makes me sad isn't the fact that I didn't make it, it's the fact that I have to break it down to my grand parents and my dad.......................they'd be crushed :'( I'm sorry I've failed you guys...

At dinner I decided to tell my grandma about this. What made it more heart breaking for me was her expression after she heard that. She was like "Oh...you're kidding...?" And I can only look at her in the eyes and shake my head. And she'd repeat herself :'( Turns out my grandparents were just talking about arranging a meeting with me and my grandma's aqquaintance that works in Bali as a marine biologist, just this morning. We (my grand parents and I) were supposed to go to her place, which is in freakin' BALI! How awesome was that supposed to be???

I didn't have the heart to tell it to my grandpa, so my grandma delivered it to him. I thought he'd be shocked and upset..turns out he came out of his room (with a sad-accepting smile on his face) and sat down next to me. He said, "...you're passion was always in drawing. I guess architect is what you're meant to be. I still have that picture of a rooster you made when you were 9. Your (late) grandma said that if someday you're famous, we'll look at that picture in our room and say, 'that's our grandchild'. So you see, she knew that you're best at drawing..and I approve of you taking architecture." I was tearing up when he said that :')


Now, last but not least, is to tell my dad. He's out of town so I had to call him up. I told him about the bad news, and he said "well there's always the 2nd round.. want to try again? No pressure tho, if you want to I'll arrange it for you. You sound sad...don't be sad, ok? You already have a univ. waiting for you, feel sad for the others who haven't been so lucky," and all I could think of was that subtle hint of disappointment in his voice. But relieved none the less of how well he took it :)


Overall just surprised and VERY VERY relieved of how well my family took the news. They're soooooo supportive! I ♥ my family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?